Tuesday, December 21, 2010

5 Days Until Christmas!








Did you know we are 3 hours ahead of you guys back home? I feel like the marines... We get more done before 8 am than you get get done all day! Well, maybe some of you are more productive, but I love the head start we get on the rest. Speaking of which, today was the day of unpacking all those 70 lb bags full of Christmas cheer in hopes that St. Nick would soon be here. WOW!!! You guys sure are generous givers! We sorted, organized, argued, re-organized, bagged, and accessorized all day.

Tallia got her decorating fix in, as she, Polly, and Waska decorated Pastor Josue's compound with garland, wreaths, and ribbon. I also have to tell you about this Christmas tree Waska made before our arrival. He took all these clear empty plastic drink bottles, cut off the bottoms of all the containers, slid one inside the other so they had one big middle with 2 spouts at opposite ends, and then strung them over Christmas lights, forming a 7 ft Christmas tree in the courtyard! It is really much more beautiful than my feeble description and if Colin ever shows me how to upload pic's to this Blog, you will be impressed - I promise. Made us feel a lot better about having to abandon our Christmas tree back at DFW airport.



Cindy and Sonya worked with Valeria and Ceca to get all the linens, towels, and sheets sorted for the 8 families we are doing the Extreme Home Makeover on. They were so busy, they barely had time to boss me, Colin, and Breno around, but they managed to keep us hopping from one pile to the next as we tried to organize all the gifts by age. I mean really, a slinky is ageless and it is good for a girl or a boy! Slinky, Slinky... it's a wonderful toy!

Who walks the stairs without a care
It shoots so high in the sky.
Bounce up and down just like a clown.
Everyone knows its Slinky.

The best present yet to give or get
The kids will all want to try.
The hit of the day when you are ready to play
Everyone knows it's Slinky.

It Slinky, It’s Slinky
for fun the best of the toys
It Slinky, It’s Slinky
the favorite of girls and boys.




Somehow, Boyd got away with playing Futbol all morning with Nando, Jose, and Waska. We had a plentiful lunch of feijoada and lemon-lime dessert mousse. It is always so tough roughing it out at the Fishing Village. After getting it all spread out and organized, we bagged it all back up, so we could restore Ceca's house back to pre-American order. She always has everything looking so good with flowers planted, hanging baskets, and decorations everywhere, then we show up and start playing soocer in the courtyard, destroying all her hard work. Of course, Ceca is the perfect example of grace and mercy. Tomorow, we go to meet our 8 different families, so we can start loving on them! Tchau and Boi Noite!

5 comments:

malujaegger said...

Wow awesome I wish I could be there with you guys for Christmas. But I'm praying for all of you. May our almighty God bless you and keep you all. I'll check everyday vfcbrazil.blogspot I want to know how things going over there. I love you guys so much. You are a blessing of God for us. :)

Anonymous said...

We love reading the blogs and getting to see what is happening there! We love seeing the pictures as well..Talia's tree is awesome!! The Breedlove's are praying for you and excited to hear more!
Love,
The Breedlove 5

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear your happy blog!!! I know how God can turn a disappointment into a blessing. Tallia, why am I not surprised at your creativity! Boyd, I am so happy to see your sweet, smiling face. Many blessings to all of you. I love you all. Although it is 85ยบ here today, I would rather be in Brazil with you.

Anonymous said...

BTW, the above comment is from Nana!

fortman said...

Please tell me that you googled the words to the Slinky commercial, and didn't actually remember them. Please, please :)