Monday, August 5, 2013

How can I, unless someone explains it to me?

There is a great story in Acts 8, versus 26-40 about God  telling Phillip to go up to an Euthiopian on a chariot.  The man is reading as he rides.  He's reading Isaiah, and Philip runs along side and asks him if he understand what's he's reading.  The man says, "How can I, unless someone explains it to me?"  Great question.  Stephen proceeds to share the gospel with him and leads him to Christ.

Yesterday, at our church service, I met Leondro, a 10-year old boy that had a Jesus  medallian on his neck.  I asked him about it.  Who was Jesus?  Etc.  He was pretty good until we got to the point of "Why did he have to die?"  I stumped him on that one.  He wasn't able to explain that, so I asked if he'd like to learn.  "Yes!"  So, along with a translator, I shared the Gospel with Leondro.  He accepted Christ, willingly and eagerly.  Praise God.  I told our group, they won't all be reading Isaiah asking for someone to explain it, nor have a neckless of Jesus, but wow, when they do, grab that opportunity!

Pray for us today for more opportunity.

Josh

No comments: